Amidst all the gloom, we thought it would be a cheering thing to get a message from us with lots of news. Yes, we have ACTUAL NEWS!!! So much news that I have made a list of news items so you can whizz through them.
- We are all well. At least, we think we are. The signs are encouraging.
- Our website has had a swanky new design – do check it out! http://fascinatingaida.co.uk
- This is VERY short notice, but Yours Truly the ecoblogger is giving the opening keynote speech at the London South Bank University virtual Sustainability and Climate Action Event – followed by Q&A – this Wednesday 4th November. And it’s free! Register here – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lsbu-sustainability-climate-action-event-series-part-two-tickets-113894178554. Obviously, due to ruddy Covid, it’s virtual – but that means you can watch it from anywhere in the world. If you’re too exhausted after staying up all night to watch the US election, the event is being recorded and we’ll post a link to it sometime soon.
- We have been working together at a distance, hurrah, and we re-recorded our touching old song, FLOWERS IN WINTER. Yes, we know that people wanted a funny song, but sometimes it’s cathartic to have a good weep too. With Remembrance Day coming up, and the inspiring fund-raising efforts of Captain Sir Tom Moore, we thought this was a perfect time to re-record it and let Liza’s beautiful voice truly illuminate the lyrics. Not only that, we were thrilled to recruit the services of the Hatfield & Askern Colliery band – OMG, the sound is so lush and emotional! – and our friend Marco Alessi compiled a marvellous video to go with it. Steve Walker wrote the gorgeous brass arrangement, and Michael Roulston did heroic things in the mixing room to bring it all together. It really was a fabulous team effort and reminded us all what a lovely family Fascinating Aïda has gathered over the years. Please do share it, we’re very proud of it.
- At the moment, FLOWERS IN WINTER is only on YouTube, but we’ll be putting it up on the streaming platforms shortly in case you want to download it.
- Next year’s bookings still stand. We can’t wait to get out on the road again. Working together on the song was great for group morale, but nothing beats the sheer joy of gigging. Any changes will go up on our Facebook page so do keep an eye on that. https://www.facebook.com/fascinatingaida/
- Live album… Our talented sound supremo, Jonny Dickie, recorded the recent show live and this will be available very soon… I can’t give an exact date as Covid makes everything SO slow… But we will let you know as soon as it’s up on the various streaming platforms.
I think that’s everything. Meanwhile, a huge thank you to all our audience out there – we’ve had so many supportive messages from you, sometimes too many to answer. I had a blue day yesterday and said so on Twitter – and it’s at moments like this when you realise that social media can be a good thing because I had so many generous and kind messages that today I feel thoroughly bucked up and full of my usual cynical amusement at the weirdness of life.
Stay safe, friends. And if you’re the praying type, pray for Joe. None of us is the praying type, but even we heathens might be heard whispering to the Shades tonight for Joe.